- Cut the fermented shoots into small pieces and slice off the potatoes into round pieces. (if the bamboo shoots are not fermented then allow it to ferment for several days.)
- Grind the cumin and turmeric and make a paste.
- Fry shoots in the oil till brown.
- Take the shoots out and keep aside.
- Add oil in frying pan and fry the sliced onions in it till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add the paste of cumin and turmeric till it leaves oil.
- Add potatoes.
- Add salt and other spices.
- Cook for few minutes till the whole thing becomes tender.
- Add water as desired to make your curry.
- When water starts boiling add fried bamboo shoots (taamaa).
- Cover it for few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Do you have a recipe? Join us by registering right now.
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!
You must be logged in to post a comment.